Monday, December 10, 2012

Blog Number 4, or how I used up all my puns in the main body of the text.


You may remember how only four weeks ago I was desperate to start a blog, yet couldn't think of anything to write about. Yep, well, I'm here again. My fingers have become itchy, and as murmurs of discontent arise over whether The Bread Roll Blog will become another pointless venture that takes up a cracking title with merely one post every month, I needed to pen something. My 'blog ideas' word document wasn't exactly overflowing with ideas. It consisted of Is the World Going to End?, and the slightly less hyperbolic How I'm Making a Playlist for My Grandparents' Party. Neither offered much scope for extensive blogging.

So I had a bit of fun. I showcased some dubious punning ability, with the help of my light militia of Twitter followers- (thank-you, in particular, @TheSpecialRon), and speculated on blog ideas that, in reality, will never go further than a title. A bit like Geordie Shore should have done.

Talking Eds: I interview various people called Ed, including Miliband, Sheeran and CBBC favourite, Ed the Duck. Includes a heated discussion over why Edward Sheringham spurned his real first name in favour of ‘Teddy’ for his entire career. Confrontational.

Ed’s Up: I travel to the top of tall buildings- Blackpool Tower, the Duomo in Florence and the Spinnaker Tower in Portsmouth in order to explain their foundations and discuss the panoramic views. Potential for a Tumblr. Scenic.
The cover photo for Ed's Up


Ed, El, Weiss: I interview El Hadji Diouf and Vladimir Weiss on their respective successes and failures as footballers whilst The Sound of Music plays in the background. Specific focus on the contrast of fortunes at Bolton Wanderers. Glum.

Ed, Ding, For Glory: I team up with Chinese snooker player Ding Junhui as we try our hands at various sports in order to become the best in the world. Features regular misunderstandings over language barrier. Riotous. 

Ed’s UK shun: Elaborating further on my Year Abroad blog, I discuss why I’m looking forward to ignoring the teaching methods of the United Kingdom and all it has to offer for the next year. Jingoistic.

Ed’s Tart: A double-header! Focussing firstly on the latest culinary delight to leave my kitchen; and latterly which scantily-clad girl I’ve seen wandering round Leamington Spa recently following a night out. Cheeky.

Higgs Bows-on: A series of photos of myself adorned with frills and bows, accompanied by a selection of pithy captions. Not suitable for work or for those of a nervous disposition. Saucy.

So we've established there is fairly unlimited potential for blogs that surround my name. I'm sure you'll agree there are some cracking ideas up there. Feel free to use any of them. A word of warning: they may not work if your name isn't Ed.

Keep bread-rolling!

No comments:

Post a Comment